The Google search deals carousel is a great way for eCommerce websites to promote sales and drive new leads to their business.
What is the deals carousel?
Google’s “Deals Carousel” in Google Shopping is a feature that displays a special carousel of products with discounted prices. This carousel appears prominently at the top of the Google Shopping search results when users search for products during specific shopping events and sales periods, such as Black Friday, Cyber Monday, or other major shopping holidays.
The Deals Carousel highlights products that are currently on sale or have special offers, making it easier for shoppers to find discounted items. These deals are sourced from various online retailers, and the carousel allows users to quickly browse through and compare the discounted products. Each item in the carousel typically includes the product image, price, discount percentage, and a link to the retailer’s website for purchase.
With over a billion shopping sessions on Google everyday using the deals carousel to promote your eCommerce website is the ideal way to bring in more leads and increase ROI.
Best Practices Your eCommerce Store Can Follow for Deals Pages
Google has outlined best practices for Black Friday and Cyber Monday pages previously, these included:
- Create dedicated pages for Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- Reuse the same URL each year
- Create your pages early so that Google can index them
- Follow standard SEO best practices
- Link to the sale page from your home page
- Include a high quality image
Google has now updated these best practices in order to reach as many potential customers as possible. It is best to get started now before the holiday season begins.
- Create a dedicated page for each promotional event.
- Include the event description in the page title such as “Black Friday 2021 Deals”
- Include an image relevant to the sale such as the products on sale or a banner highlighting the deals present on the page.
- Put text describing the event in the page contents.
- If you reveal sales details on the day of the event, be sure to include general information about the event in advance to ensure Google understand the page is relevant, and recrawl the page once updated.
Dont forget to also register your promotions in Google Merchant Center to be promoted across all of Google’s surfaces.
Do you need help promoting your eCommerce website this holiday season? Let Peak Positions help your team optimize your online presence and gain new customers today. Contact our expert E-Commerce Marketing Services company today!