Google has released some best practices for eCommerce sites looking to capitalize on the Black Friday and Cyber Monday holiday shopping season. With the influx of shoppers hitting the web during the end of the year holiday season it is important that you highlight your sales and events by providing landing pages for Google to index that include relevant optimized content and high quality images.
The best practices as outlined by Google can help ensure your sales and events are found by your target audience and help to drive leads this holiday season. The best practices your eCommerce site should be taking in preparation for Black Friday and Cyber Monday this year include:
1. Creating the Page Early: Creating your dedicated Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals page well in advance is vital. Search engines require time to discover and index new pages. By doing this early, you give search engines ample time to recognize and rank your page, increasing its visibility during the shopping events.
2. Following Standard SEO Best Practices: Adhering to SEO best practices is fundamental. This includes optimizing your content with relevant keywords, meta descriptions, and headers. It ensures that your page is structured in a way that search engines can easily understand and rank it, improving its chances of appearing in search results.
3. Linking from the Home Page: Linking your special deals and events landing pages from the homepage serves a dual purpose. It enhances user navigation, making it easier for visitors to find your offers. Additionally, it conveys to search engines that these pages are important, which can boost their search engine rankings.
4. Using a Recurring URL: Implementing a recurring URL structure, such as ‘/black-friday’ and ‘/cyber-monday,’ creates a consistent and easily recognizable format for your seasonal offers. This not only helps users remember the URLs but also aids search engines in understanding the purpose and content of these pages.
5. Including Relevant, High-Quality Images: High-quality images are essential for capturing user attention and enhancing their experience on your eCommerce site. Beyond that, images can also be optimized with descriptive alt text and filenames, contributing to the overall SEO of your page. Relevant images can also increase the chances of appearing in image search results.
6. Getting Your Page Recrawled: Continuously monitoring and updating your Black Friday and Cyber Monday pages is important. Whenever you make changes or add new deals, it’s crucial to prompt search engines to recrawl these pages. This ensures that the latest information is reflected in search results, helping you stay competitive during the shopping events.
If you need help optimizing your eCommerce website to ensure your audience can easily find your products and increase ROI, contact our expert E-Commerce Marketing Services company today!